Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers on Sunday 9th of May 2021. We wish you all a truly happy and wonderful day.
Papakura Streetfest 2021
Make sure you diary this date – Saturday 8th of May in Papakura. Our third annual StreetFEST is back from 10 am to 2 pm. There will be lots of community stalls, sustainable stalls, arts and crafts, sports clubs, emergency services, and family activities.
Live entertainment, bands, dancing and cultural performances from local artists, schools and groups.With activities for the kids and adults, face painting, bouncy castle, clowns, the play truck and so much more – the kids are going to love this day. Great deals and specials from our businesses in town as well.
Located on the Great South Road and in Centre Court and into Broadway, it’s a free family fun day for you all to enjoy.
The rain save date is 15th of May should the weather not be kind. This event is put on by the Papakura Business Association in conjunction with the Papakura Local Board.
Some of the people attending are:
- Pulman Park and the Northern Stars bringing a hoop
- Papakura Badminton and Squash Club bringing a net and soft ball etc.
- NZ Police with tractor
- Papakura Volunteer Fire Brigade with a fire engine
- Counties Manukau Kindergarten PlayTruck
- Papakura Leisure Centre with Bouncy Castle,
- The Corner with outdoor games and chill out zone
- Sustainable Papakura
- Compost Collective
Warbird Exhibition at the Papakura Museum.
And you can be in to win a Tiger Moth Ride too!
Visit the Warbirds exhibition on show now at Papakura Museum and go in the draw to win a 30 minute flight in a New Zealand Warbirds Tiger Moth adventure flight. It’s a fantastic experience in an open cockpit aircraft of yesteryear.
A huge thank you to NZ Warbirds at Ardmore for donating the flight!
Please note due to the nature of the aircraft, flights are restricted to people over the age of 18 years and a maximum weight of 120kgs.
Draw to be held 1st week in July and the winner will be notified by the Papakura Museum.
Warbirds Ltd is certificated under CAA Part 115 Rules to conduct adventure aviation flights.
New Businesses in Papakura
And we welcome:
- Let's Party Hire located at 65 O Shannessey Street
- St Vincent de Paul's doubled in size at 275 Great South Road and well worth a visit
- Kents Barbers on Great South Rd