Can you believe it’s August already? Only four month’s and we are back into the silly season again. At the time of writing there is so much interesting material that mainstream press is not covering but commenting on, opinions on opinions, but where are the facts and the questions? Is it not the job of media to provide the counterbalance for the people for the voters? Isn’t it vitally important to the health of our countries freedom to maintain freedoms of speech? Then why on earth would our P.M. Ardern personally tried to prevent media from asking about the Ihumātao dispute?
P.M. Ardern has also stated that capitalism in NZ is a “blatant failure”, citing levels of homelessness and low wages as evidence that “the market has failed” her country’s poor. Since her arrival in office has this changed? According to the reports in the NZ Herald our poor and homelessness have worsened along NZ’s business confidence index the near lowest in the world. However, to her credit she has made it on the cover of September’s British Vogue! albeit described by Piers Morgan as ‘the greatest hits of virtue signalling’.
We the people should never be in fear to ask our Government questions. Are we in a democracy? Or is it the case of our leadership acting only to oil the squeaky wheel in the name of votes and popularism?
I’ll end with a few quotes from an American newsletter that comes across my desk.
- “Socialism: an idea that is so good that it must be mandatory.”
- “Bernie Sanders walks into a bar and yells... ‘Free drinks for everyone!’ He looks around. ‘Who’s buying?’”
- “And just like that they went from being against foreign interference in our elections to allowing non-citizens to vote in our elections.
- “President Trump’s wall cost less than the Obamacare website alone. Let that sink in, America.
- “We are one election away from open borders, socialism, gun confiscation, and full-term abortion nationally. We are fighting evil.
- “60 years ago, Venezuela was 4th on the world economic freedom index. Today, they are 179th and their citizens are dying of starvation. In only 10 years, Venezuela was destroyed by democratic socialism.
- “A socialist is basically a communist who doesn’t have the power to take everything from their citizens at gunpoint... YET.
- “Alexandria Ocasio Cortez wants to ban cars, ban planes, give out universal income and thinks socialism works. She calls Donald Trump crazy.
- “The same media that told me Hillary Clinton had a 95% chance of winning now tells me Trump’s approval ratings are low.
- “The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people’s money.” — Margaret Thatcher
- “They’re not after me. They’re after you. I’m just in their way. — Donald Trump
Food for thought.